Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Beginning--Don't Get Cork in the Bottle

Well, first thing's first...

Who am I and why do I deserve to be here? Good question! (I'm so glad you're so analytical!) I am a twenty-something (staying at 25 for at least the next 5 years) hair stylist and Journalism student attempting to be a writer someday, and I want to practice. So how's that for an explanation?

I have been told that I am funny. Although I do believe I am a lot funnier on paper than I am in person. (Lucky for you!) But I can tell you that the craziest, most ridiculous things happen to me. Things that only happen in movies... They happen to me. I've learned to embrace these things as 'the inevitable' and I've learned to stay on my toes because of it. In fact, at some point, I've learned to even enjoy these things although I may not in the moment. (See my first posting regarding two dogs and a whole lotta bird doody! Yes, I'm serious.)

What you're about to read is a little glimpse of the inner-workings, complete randomness, and humor that makes up my life. Why Red Wine, Dark Chocolate, and The Meaning of Life? Because. Red wine is good for the heart. Dark chocolate is good for the mind (besides, it's chocolate, duh!). And the meaning of life is not a question that can be answered in one or two words but, as we've all heard over and over again; it's a journey, a sort of exploration. *insert 'ocean sounds' music here*

So let's discuss, ponder, and laugh our asses off... Because what's life really about? The heart; the mind; and going around in circles trying to figure ourselves out.



!!!PLEASE BE FOREWARNED!!!
This blog is not meant for kids. There is profanity. There is judgement. There are 'touchy subjects'. There are a whole lot of things that are not the best examples for young children (or really immature adults). Names may be changed in some cases to protect privacy or because I was too lazy to ask their permission to be 'printed'. As of right now, there is no exaggeration or embellishment. But, in the future, I may post some fiction-based-on-fact pieces if I have a good idea. So please take this for what it's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment